Venue: Maldon Stadium (Maldon and Tiptree Football Club), Park Drive, Maldon, Essex, CM9 5JQ. View directions
Contact: Email: Committee.email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You need to register to attend this meeting – please see link under Media section below.
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors M G Bassenger, V J Bell, R G Boyce MBE, R P F Dewick, M F L Durham CC and K W Jarvis.
Minutes of the last meeting PDF 198 KB
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the District Planning Committee held on 9 June 2021 (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the District Planning Committee held on 9 June 2021 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, other Pecuniary Interest or Non-Pecuniary Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraphs 6 – 8 of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interest as soon as they become aware should the need arise through the meeting.)
Councillor W Stamp declared a non-pecuniary interest as a Member of Essex County Council who were consultees on planning applications.
Councillor Mrs J L Fleming declared a non-pecuniary interest as a Member of Essex County Council.
21/00479/FUL Land North Of Marsh Road, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex PDF 746 KB
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
An Update to the report had been circulated prior to the meeting and detailed the following:
· an amendment to paragraph 4.1 and 5.13.6 of the report;
· details of Heads of Terms relating to education contributions following receipt of a consultation response from Essex County Council Education;
· conditions 10 – 13 required detail to be submitted prior to the commencement of the development and agreement of these had been gained from the applicant;
· consultation responses had been received from Essex County Council Education, the Specialist - Environmental Health and the Arboricultural consultant;
· clarification to heads of terms 2;
· amendment to condition 2 and additional condition 36.
During her presentation of the application the Specialist – Development Management provided the following verbal updates following receipt of consultation responses:
· Essex County Council (ECC) Sustainable Drainage Systems Team still require some additional information, however Members were advised that this would be covered by a recommended condition.
· ECC Highways has raised no objection but had recommended some conditions to be imposed and advised that the same financial contribution, as required as part of the previous application, was necessary. If Members were mindful to approve the application there would need to be an amendment to the recommendation to ensure the relevant conditions and financial contribution were secured, if necessary.
· The Waste Team had made some recommendations in terms of waste storage and collection. The Officer advised that a refuse strategy had been submitted as part of the application and any additional information requested could be dealt with by condition, if Members were minded to approve the application.
Following the Officers’ presentation the Agent, Mr Milne addressed the Committee.
A lengthy debate ensued and in response to a number of questions and concerns raised by Members the following information was provided by Officers:
· The whole site had permission for 90 dwellings and this application sought an additional 15 dwellings bringing the total dwellings on the site to 105.
· The application met the 40% affordable housing requirement and met minimum space sizes with regards to Nationally Described Space Standards. However it did not comply with the results of the 2021 Local Housing Needs Assessment which had been published after the application was submitted.
· All proposed properties had car parking spaces and complied with the required standards.
· In order to accommodate the additional units an area of the previously approved orchard had been reduced along with a slight reduction in open space landscaping.
· The figures detailed ... view the full minutes text for item 194.