Venue: Council Chamber, Maldon District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon
Contact: Email: Committee.email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Special meeting
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Following the recent District Councillor election Councillor Simon Morgan had been elected to the Wickham Bishops and Woodham Ward. The Chairman congratulated Councillor Morgan on his campaign and welcomed him to the Council.
The Chairman referred to recent changes to Members of the Council and how he was looking to the future of this hard-working authority, its officers and Members.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors B S Beale MBE, R H Siddall, N J Skeens and Mrs J C Stilts.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, other Pecuniary Interest or Non-Pecuniary Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraphs 6 – 8 of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interest as soon as they become aware should the need arise through the meeting.)
Councillors M F L Durham, Mrs J L Fleming and W Stamp declared a non-pecuniary interest as a member of Essex County Council who were a statutory consultee in matters of planning.
Minutes of the last meeting PDF 118 KB
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the District Planning Committee held on 19 January 2022 (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the District Planning Committee held on 19 January 2022 be approved and confirmed.
21/00961/RES - Land at Broad Street Green Road and Langford Road and Maypole Road, Great Totham, Essex PDF 963 KB
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
It was noted from the Members’ Update that a consultation response had been received from Great Totham Parish Council.
Following the Officers’ presentation, the Agent, Mr Coleman addressed the Committee.
In response to a lengthy debate and a number of questions raised by Members the Officers provided the following information:
· An application for the reserved matters residential element had been submitted and is currently under consideration;
· The provision of bridleways would have been part of the outline permission, however when determining the application the Planning Inspector had made no requirement for bridleways to be formed. In light of this the matter could not be raised in respect of this reserved matters application.
· Archaeological elements had been discharged by condition. Assessments had been carried out along with any excavation work and no further assessment was required.
· There would be a 15m gap between the proposed pumping station and any residential element.
· Any discharge of condition proposed related to this phase of the development only and not the whole site.
· In respect of trees, the updated arboricultural report confirmed that there would be no further loss of trees and seven trees previously identified for removal would now be retained.
· Maintenance of any play equipment and the health and safety related to it would have been a material consideration and requirement under the Section 106 agreement to the outline application.
· Details of the Sustainable Drainage Strategy were being conditioned and would be discharged through each of the phase applications.
· Construction access points had been considered and determined by this Committee at a previous meeting. ... view the full minutes text for item 547.