Venue: Council Chamber, Maldon District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon. View directions
Contact: Committee Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chairman welcomed everyone present and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors M R Edwards, B B Heubner, S P Nunn and Mrs J C Stilts.
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 25 January 2023 (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 25 January 2023 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, Other Registrable interests and Non-Registrable Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraph 9 and Appendix B of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interests as soon as they become aware should the need arise throughout the meeting).
Councillors Miss A M Beale, M S Heard, C Mayes, N G F Shaughnessy and P L Spenceley declared a non-registrable interest in Agenda Item 5 - 22/01241/FUL - Josua, 4 Silver Street, Maldon, CM9 4QE, as they were acquainted with the applicant.
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery, (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
Following the Officer’s presentation, the Chairman clarified that the property was a Grade 2 star listed property not a grade 2 as outlined in the report. Mrs Suzanne Wood, an Objector, then addressed the Committee. The Chairman opened the debate.
In the discussion that ensued, and in response to Members concerns Officers clarified that:
· 2 parking spaces would be allocated as outlined in the report.
· Parking restrictions in the area would ensure there would be no unacceptable impact on highway safety in the area.
· The Noise and Activity Management Plan would be a commitment by the applicant that these matters would be enforceable and would ensure that the neighboring amenity is protected.
· A Waste and Refuse Management Plan would be put in place prior to the development proceeding, as outlined under condition 6 in the report.
Councillor M S Heard proposed that the application be approved in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation, and this was seconded by Councillor K M H Lagan.
The Chairman put the proposal in the name of Councillor Heard to the vote and this was not agreed. In light of this the Chairman then sought an alternative proposal from the Committee. A debate then ensued, and with advice from the Lead Specialist: Development Management and the Specialist Level 1 – Planning, Members agreed that the only way forward would be to approve in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation.
Councillor M S Heard proposed that the application be approved in line with the Officer’s recommendation, and this was duly seconded by Councillor K M H Lagan.
The Chairman put the recommendation to approve the application to the Committee and it was agreed.
RESOLVED that the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in complete accordance with the approved drawings specifically referenced on this decision notice.
3. The development hereby approved shall be used as holiday accommodation and at no time shall the unit (s) be occupied continuously for a period exceeding 28 days by the same person (s) or reoccupied within 3 months of vacating the accommodation by the same person (s).
4. The owners / operators shall maintain an up to date register of the names of all persons who stay within the approved holiday accommodation on the site, the duration of their stay, and an indication ... view the full minutes text for item 707.