Venue: Council Chamber, Maldon District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon. View directions
Contact: Committee Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chairman welcomed everyone present and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
An apology for absence was received from Councillor M R Edwards.
Minutes of the last meeting PDF 203 KB
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 16 November 2022, (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 16 November 2022 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, Other Registrable interests and Non-Registrable Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraph 9 and Appendix B of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interests as soon as they become aware should the need arise throughout the meeting).
Councillor Mrs J C Stilts declared a non-registrable interest in Agenda Item 5 as she was acquainted with the applicant and sat on a committee with him.
Councillors N G F Shaughnessy and S P Nunn declared a non-registrable interest on Agenda Item 5 as they too were acquainted with the applicant.
22/01075/FUL - All Saints Church Of England Primary School, Highlands Drive, Maldon, CM9 6HY PDF 265 KB
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*
Following the Officer’s presentation the Chairman opened the discussion.
A brief debate ensued where the consensus was one of support for this application. It was noted that the extension would upgrade and enhance the facilities of the school, were in keeping with its character and would not harm neighbouring amenity.
Councillor S P Nunn proposed that the application be approved in accordance with the Officer’s recommendation and this was seconded by Councillor K M H Lagan.
The Chairman put the recommendation to approve the application to the Committee and it was unanimously agreed.
RESOLVED that the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans and documents: BA P22-0577 101 Rev A, BA P22-0577 102 Rev A, P22-0577 103 Rev A, BA P22-0577 104 Rev A, P22-0577 105, BA P22-0577 106 Rev B, P22-0577 107
3. The materials used in the construction of the development hereby approved shall be as set out within the application form/plans hereby approved.
4. No development works above ground level shall occur until details of the surface water drainage scheme to serve the development shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the local planning authority. The agreed scheme shall be implemented prior to the first occupation of the development. The scheme shall ensure that for a minimum:
1) The development should be able to manage water on site for 1 in 100 year events plus 40% climate change allowance.
2) Run-off from a greenfield site for all storm events that have a 100% chance of occurring each year (1 in 1 year event) inclusive of climate change should be no higher than 10/ls and no lower than 1/ls. The rate should be restricted to the 1 in 1 greenfield rate or equivalent greenfield rates with long term storage (minimum rate 1l/s) or 50% betterment of existing run off rates on brownfield sites (provided this does not result in a runoff rate less than greenfield) or 50% betterment of existing run off rates on brownfield sites (provided this does not result in a runoff rate less than greenfield).
You are advised that in order to satisfy the soakaway condition the following details will be required:- details of the area to be drained, infiltration rate (as determined by BRE Digest 365), proposed length, width and depth of soakaway, groundwater level and whether it ... view the full minutes text for item 513.