Venue: Council Chamber, Maldon District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon. View directions
Contact: Committee Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This meeting was moved from 19 January 2022
The Chairman welcomed everyone present and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
There were none.
Minutes of the last meeting PDF 129 KB
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 15 December 2021 (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 15 December 2021 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, other Pecuniary Interests or Non-Pecuniary Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraphs 6-8 inclusive of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interests as soon as they become aware should the need arise throughout the meeting).
There were none.
21/01025/FUL - Land West of South Bank, Cromwell Lane, Maldon, Essex PDF 642 KB
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
Following the Officer’s presentation, the Agent, Mr Jackson addressed the Committee.
In response to comments raised, the Specialist – Development Management and Senior Specialist Coordinator – Development Management provided the Committee with the following information:
· A condition regarding the archaeology of the site had been included following consultation and recommendation from Essex County Council (ECC) Archaeology.
· No visibility splays were recommended by the Highways Authority as the site was on a private unadopted road over which it had no jurisdiction. In respect of visibility splays the Officer commented on the public right of way across the frontage of the site and advised that if minded to approve the application, Members could add a condition requiring details of that access point to be submitted for approval which would include visibility splays and surfacing
· A condition requiring details of ground levels and finished floor levels had been proposed to ensure there was no deviation from what was proposed and offered protection in terms of the movement of spoil and ground level changes within the site.
· A proposed condition to cover ecology and biodiversity had been included.
· Electric vehicle charging points were not shown in the application but there was a proposed condition requiring details of them to be submitted and approved.
· The quality of life for the occupiers of the proposed dwelling in relation to natural light would be satisfactory.
Councillor K M H Lagan proposed that, if Members were mindful to approve the application, an additional condition regarding the submission of visibility splays for approval based on safety grounds be added.
The proposal from Councillor Lagan was duly seconded and the Committee agree to add this to the list of proposed conditions.
Councillor C Mayes proposed that the application be approved, subject to the conditions detailed in the report with the additional condition agreed. This proposal was duly seconded and agreed by asset.
RESOLVED that this application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1 The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
2 The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in complete accordance with the approved drawings as follows:
· Arboricultural Impact Assessment
3 No development above slab level shall take place until written details or samples of all materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out using the materials and details as approved.
4 No development ... view the full minutes text for item 476.
To appoint a Chairman for the Committee
Councillor Mrs J C Stilts advised that whilst she had chaired the last few meetings of this Committee she was doing so in her capacity as Vice-Chairman and therefore appointment of a Chairman was required.
Councillor S P Nunn proposed that Councillor K M H Lagan be nominated to the position of Chairman of this Committee. This proposed was duly seconded.
Councillor C Mayes proposed that Councillor Mrs Stilts be nominated to the position of Chairman of this Committee. This proposal was duly seconded.
In accordance with Procedure Rule No. 13 (3) Councillor S P Nunn requested a recorded vote.
At this point Councillor Mrs Stilts advised that she was resigning from her position as Vice-Chairman of this Committee.
There were no other nominations. Members were advised that they needed to vote for either Councillor Lagan or Councillor Mrs Stilts as the nominated Members or chose to abstain. The voting was as follows:
For Councillor K M H Lagan:
Councillors Miss A M Beale, M S Heard, B B Heubner, K M H Lagan, S P Nunn, N G F Shaughnessy and C Swain.
For Councillor Mrs J C Stilts:
Councillors M R Edwards, C Mayes and Mrs J C Stilts.
There were none.
The Chairman declared that Councillor Lagan was elected as Chairman of this Committee and congratulated him on this appointment.
In response to a question regarding appointment of a Vice-Chairman, it was clarified that this would be carried out at the next meeting of the Committee.