Venue: Council Chamber, Maldon District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon. View directions
Contact: Committee Services Email: email@example.com
The Chairman welcomed everyone present and went through some general housekeeping arrangements for the meeting.
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors M R Edwards, C Mayes and N G F Shaughnessy.
Minutes of the last meeting PDF 167 KB
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 20 October 2021 (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 20 October 2021 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, other Pecuniary Interests or Non-Pecuniary Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraphs 6-8 inclusive of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interests as soon as they become aware should the need arise throughout the meeting).
Councillor Miss A M Beale declared that she had carried out a litter pick with the general manager of the premise and had talked about this application.
Councillor K M H Lagan declared a non=pecuniary interest as he had visited the restaurant many years ago.
21/00813/ADV - McDonald's Fullbridge Essex CM9 4LE PDF 408 KB
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
Councillor C Swain proposed that should Members be mindful to approve the application, an additional condition be added to specify that the new digital signs and booth screen are only illuminated during business hours. This was duly seconded and upon a vote being taken agreed.
Councillor M S Heard proposed that the Officers’ recommendation with the amendment from Councillor Swain be agreed. The Chairman put this proposal to the Committee and this was duly agreed.
RESOLVED that Advertisement Consent be GRANTED subject to the following conditions:
1. The express consent hereby granted shall be for a period of 5 years beginning from the date hereof.
2. No advertisement is to be displayed without the permission of the owner of the site or any other person with an interest in the site entitled to grant permission.
3. No advertisement shall be sited or displayed so as to:
(a) endanger persons using any highway, railway, waterway, dock, harbour or aerodrome (civil or military)
(b) obscure, or hinder the ready interpretation of, any traffic sign, railway signal or aid to navigation by water or air; or
(c) hinder the operation of any device used for the purposes of security or surveillance or for the measuring the speed of any vehicle.
4. Any advertisement displayed, and any site used for the display of advertisements, shall be maintained in a condition that does not impair the visual amenity of the site.
5. Any structure or hoarding erected or used principally for the purpose of displaying advertisements shall be maintained in a condition that does not endanger the public.
6. Where an advertisement is required under these Regulations to be removed, the site shall be left in a condition that does not endanger the public or impair visual amenity.
7. The proposed light source shall be so positioned and shielded, in perpetuity, to direct light towards the proposed advertisement sign and away from the Highway.
8. The sign permitted by this consent shall only be illuminated during the opening hours of the premises to which it relates.
REASON To protect the visual amenity of the surrounding area in accordance with policy D1 of the approved Local Development Plan and the guidance contained within the National Planning Policy Framework