To consider the report of the Director of Resources, (copy enclosed).
The Committee considered the report of the Director of Resources presenting the revised Contract Procedure Rules (CPR) (attached at Appendix 1 to the report) for approval by the Council. It was noted that the 2019 / 20 audit had identified recommendations and the revised CPR addressed some of these.
The report set out a number of proposed changes that had been made to the CPR along with the reasons behind them. It was noted that the revised CPR would support the current work being carried out to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Council’s procurement processes.
The Chairman thanked the COVID-19 Reset and Recovery Working Group for their work and bringing the items forward to the Committee. He then put the recommendation as set out in the report and this was duly seconded.
In response to questions, the following information was provided by the Lead Specialist: Procurement:
· an update on the current procedure for tenders which would have previously required publication through the Official Journal of the European Union and it was noted that the Government were looking to simply the process. Following Brexit no tenders were being sent to companies outside of the UK.
· a recent procurement policy note issued by the Cabinet Office which sought to put emphasis on Small Medium Enterprises, local businesses and reserving by area was currently being reviewed and discussed.
The Chairman moved the recommendations as set out in the report and these were duly agreed, by assent.
(i) That the revised Contract Procedure Rules at APPENDIX 2 to these Minutesare approved.
(ii) That the Director of Resources is authorised to make minor changes to the Contract Procedure Rules; minor changes are defined as:
· Changes in statutory framework, such as references to new or updated legislation;
· Changes in titles, names or terminology;
· Changes consequential to other constitutional changes already made.