Decision Maker: Strategy and Resources Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Committee considered the report of the Director of Resources reporting the Council’s investment activity for the 2019 / 20 financial year in accordance with the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Treasury Management and the Council’s Treasury Management Policy and Treasury Management Practices (TMPs).
The report provided an update on the following areas and further details were set out in the related Appendices:
· An overview of the external economic environment - Appendix 1 to the report had been prepared by Arlingclose who provide treasury management consultancy and advice services to the Council.
· Investment Activity (April 2019 – March 2020), including an update in respect of Brexit and the Coronavirus.
· Performance – Budgeted income and outturn.
· Compliance with Prudential Indicators and Treasury Management Strategy (Appendix 2).
· Outlook for 2020 / 21 provided by Arlingclose.
It was noted that none of the Prudential Indicators had been breached and a prudent approach had been taken in relation to investment activity with priority being given to security and liquidity over yield.
The Chairman put the recommendation as set out in the report. This was duly seconded and agreed by assent.
RESOLVED that the Treasury Outturn report be noted for compliance purposes (by assent).
Publication date: 09/12/2020
Date of decision: 19/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2020 - Strategy and Resources Committee