Venue: Members to access the meeting via Teams. Members of the press & public may listen to the live stream on the Council's website: https://democracy.maldon.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=150&MId=2140
Contact: Committee Services
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors E L Bamford, C P Morley and Miss S White.
To confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 8 June 2020, (copy enclosed).
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 8 June 2020 be approved and confirmed.
Disclosure of Interest
To disclose the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests, other Pecuniary Interests or Non-Pecuniary Interests relating to items of business on the agenda having regard to paragraphs 6-8 inclusive of the Code of Conduct for Members.
(Members are reminded that they are also required to disclose any such interests as soon as they become aware should the need arise throughout the meeting).
Councillor M F LDurham, CC, declared a non-pecuniaryinterest as amember of Essex County Council, aconsultee on planningapplication matters with respect generally tohighways, matters ofaccess and education primarily.
The Chairman , Councillor Mrs Thompson declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda Item 5 – 20/00403/FUL - Hallfield Gate Barnhall Road, Tolleshunt Knights, as a member of Tolleshunt Parish Council. For the purposes of full disclosure, she added that she lived half a mile from the development which was not visible from her property and was acquainted with neighbours, however, these neighbours had not commented on the application.
To consider the report of the Director of Service Delivery (copy enclosed, Members’ Update to be circulated)*.
Following the Officer’s presentation, the Chairman moved the recommendation in the report and it was seconded by Councillor Siddall.
It was noted by both Members and Officers that, as outlined in section 5, the previous concerns had been addressed and there were no objections to the application.
The Chairman, in summary, said that all parties agreed with the Officer’s recommendation to approve. She then put the recommendation as set out in the report to the Committee and it was approved unanimously.
RESOLVED that the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
REASON To comply with Section 91(1) The Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
2. The development herby permitted shall be carried out and retained in accordance with the following approved plans and documents: D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, and D9.
REASON To ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with the details as approved.
3. No development works above ground level shall take place until written details or samples of all materials to be used in the construction of the external surfaces of the development hereby permitted have been submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing. The development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved materials.
REASON In the interest of the character and appearance of the area in accordance with policy D1 of the approved Local Development Plan and guidance contained within the National Planning Policy Framework.
4. No development works above ground shall take place until details of the siting, height, design and materials of the treatment of all boundaries including existing hedging, gates, fences, walls, railings and piers have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The screening as approved shall be constructed prior to the first occupation of the development to which it relates and be retained as such thereafter.
REASON In the interest of local amenity and in accordance with policy D1 of the Maldon District Local Development Plan.
5. No development works above ground level shall occur until details of the surface water drainage scheme to serve the development shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the local planning authority. The agreed scheme shall be implemented prior to the first occupation of the development. The scheme shall ensure that for a minimum:
1) The development should be able to manage water on site for 1 in 100 year events plus 40% climate change allowance.
2) Run-off from a greenfield site for all storm events that have a 100% chance of occurring each year ... view the full minutes text for item 1032.