To consider the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee held on 28 January 2021, including the following recommendations to the Council:
· Minute 221 - Annual Review of Financial Regulations;
· Minute 222 - Contract Procedure Rules Review and Update;
· Minute 223 - Council Tax Support Scheme 2021 / 22;
· Minute 224 - Pay Policy Statement;
· Minute 225 - Insurance Tender.
Please note that the following recommendations are not for consideration at this point as they form part of Agenda Item 5 – 2021 / 22 Budget and Medium-Term Financial Strategy due to be considered at this meeting:
· Minute 216 - Discretionary Fees and Charges 2021 / 22;
· Minute 217 - Treasury Management Strategy 2021 / 22;
· Minute 218 - Capital and Investment Strategies for 2021 / 22 and Minimum Revenue Statement 2021 / 22;
· Minute 219 - Revised 2020 / 21 Estimates, Original 2021 / 22 Budget Estimates and Council Tax 2021 / 22;
· Minute 220 - Medium Term Financial Strategy 2021 / 22 to 2023 / 24.
(i) that the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee on 28 January 2021 be received.
The Chairman of the Strategy and Resources Committee presented the Minutes and the following recommendations for consideration by the Council. He advised that recommendations contained within the Minute Numbers 216 - 220 were not consideration as they formed part of Agenda Item 5 – 2021 / 22 Budget and Medium-Term Financial Strategy and therefore would be considered by the Council at that stage. This was duly seconded.
Councillor R G Boyce raised a point of order referring to the business detailed on the agenda for this meeting, commenting that this extraordinary meeting of the Council had been called to discuss the budget and that should be the only item of business for consideration. In response the Chairman of the Council advised that this was at his discretion and he was happy to allow these matters to be brought forward in the interest of efficiency for the Council.
Minute 221 – Annual Review of Financial Regulations
(ii) that the revised Financial Regulations, attached at Appendix 1 to the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee, be approved.
Minute 222 – Contract Procedure Rules Review and Update
(iii) That the revised Contract Procedure Rules at Appendix 2 to the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee be approved.
(iv) That the Director of Resources is authorised to make minor changes to the Contract Procedure Rules; minor changes are defined as:
• Changes in statutory framework, such as references to new or updated legislation;
• Changes in titles, names or terminology;
• Changes consequential to other constitutional changes already made.
Minute 223 – Council Tax Support Scheme 2021 / 22
(v) that the following changes to the existing Local Council Tax Support Scheme (LCTS) be approved:
(a) a cost of living increase in line with the Department for Work and Pensions schemes be included in the Local Council Tax Support Scheme for 2021 / 22 for Pensioners only;
(b) that any legislative changes being introduced to the Housing Benefit Scheme, for 2021 / 22 are mirrored in the Councils LCTS scheme to ensure consistency;
(c) that amendments to the discretionary provisions of the LCTS to ensure that the Council is able to administer the various schemes to reflect local and national guidance;
(d) that the LCTS may reflect any additional changes to government welfare benefit regulations during the year which are intended to:
• increase the income of benefit recipients; and
• be introduced during a financial year to;
to avoid any unintended consequences to customers.
(e) that this decision has been made following Members careful reading of and regard to the Equality Impact Assessment attached at Appendix 3 to the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee.
Minute 224 – Pay Policy Statement
(vi) that the Pay Policy Statement attached at Appendix 4 to the Minutes of the Strategy and Resources Committee be adopted for 2021.
Minute 225 – Insurance Tender ... view the full minutes text for item 279